As President-Delhi BJPAs Standing Committee Chairman – MCDAs a CouncillorAs a responsible citizen of society
ACHIEVEMENTS AS STANDING COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN, MCD
- Relief from House Tax for Residential Properties in All the Villages in Delhi
- Relief from Trade License for 5 Lakhs Shops of 20 Metres Area
- Remission of arrears of Rs 100 Crores and grant of Ownership Rights to the Residents of Resettlement and Relocated Colonies
- Organised Street Lighting in Delhi
- Special for arrangement for Cleanliness in Unauthorised Colonies
- Development of parks with Maintenance from RWA.
- Issued 7000 Sewing Machines to needy Women and Tri Cycles to Handicaps
- Rs 1000 Pension to Elderly, Widows, Orphaned and Divorced Women
- Sumedha Plan – Rs 1000 Fixed Deposit for every Girl Student above class 3
- English Medium from Class 1 of every Primary School in every ward
- Special Award to the MCD for introducing online Property Tax Payment
- First Naturopathy Hospital in Delhi
- License to small scale industries as per Master Plan 2021
- Took measure steps to make Municipal Corporation more accountable, transparent and accessible to general public by introducing and ensuring effective implementation of e-governance systems in various functioning areas of MCD. E-governance initiative included e-tendering, online building plan sanctioning for paperless and prompt governance and installation of biometric attendance system for 1.5 lakh employees of MCD.
- Remarkable Fiscal Management during his tenure as Standing Committee Chairman, MCD
- No new taxes were imposed on general public. In order to generate additional income, the existing schedule of taxes was optimised by expanding the base of tax recoveries.
- Increase in revenue by focussing on revenue projects and non-taxable income
- Adopted and put in effect the 6th pay commission announced by the Central Government immediately in the MCD. Such prompt implementation of paying commission that is recommendatory in nature happened for the first time in the history of civic bodies in the entire country.
- As MCD Councillor, successfully rehabilitated 25,000 odd people living in jhuggi clusters under pathetic living conditions without power, clean water or proper sanitation.
AS A SOCIAL AND POLITICAL ACTIVIST
- Embarked on public agitations against forced mass ceilings by the Delhi Government and courted arrests to ensure relief to Delhi Shop keepers, trader establishments and their families by forcing the Government to amend the law.
- Successfully rehabilitated 25,000 odd people living in jhuggi clusters under pathetic living conditions without power, clean water or proper sanitation.
- President, Delhi AbhibhavakMahasangh, apex body of the parent’s organizations since 1998. His pioneer agitations against commercialization of education and then public interest litigation led to a remarkable decision by The Hon’ble Delhi High Court and Hon’ble Delhi Supreme Court in favor of poor children and quality education.
- Fought against lottery menace resulted in ban on lottery in 1993 under the banner of NGO LokAbhiyan.
- Started a campaign against parking mafia in DDA parks with the morning walkers.
AS DELHI BJP PRESIDENT
- As President of Delhi BJP, he organised more than 600 training camps/ workers’ meet and set new dimensions in strengthening of organisational dynamics from booth level.
- Under his tenure, BJP achieved a resounding victory for the second time in the MCD elections, 2012, despite the trifurcation move by the Congress-led State Government.
- Successfully led the legal battle against the misappropriation of public funds to the tune of Rs. 22 crores for personal campaign by Smt. Sheila Dikshit and obtained Lokayukta’s order finding her guilty and personally liable to the exchequer.