A GLIMPSE OF POLITICAL JOURNEY OF VIJENDER GUPTA
- Secretary, Janta Vidyarthi Morcha, Delhi Prades h,1980-83.
- Joint Convener, Janta Vidyarthi Morcha Delhi Pradesh, 1983-84.
- Vice President, Delhi University Student Union, 1984-85.
- Genl. Secy., B.J.P. Mandal Pitam Pura,1990 . 1993.
- President Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha, Keshav Puram Distt,1995 . 1997.
- Elected Councilor, MCD ( Ward no. 33 Rohini Zone) in 1997 with victory
margin of more than 10 thousand votes
- Chairman, Law & General Purpose Committee, MCD (1997-1998)
- Member Standing Committee (1998-2000) . the highest decision making authority of MCD.
- Zonal Chairman, Rohini Zone,2000-2001.
- Deputy Chairman, High Powered House Tax Committee, 2001-2002.
- Secretary, BJP Delhi State since 2002 till the present day
- Elected Councilor, MCD 2nd time, in 2002 by a margin of 12 thousand votes.
- Leader of the Opposition in Standing Committee MCD from 2002-2007.
- Chairman Standing Committee MCD 2007 onwards.
- Attended International Workshop on Urban & Rural Development, as a member of high-level delegations under the leadership of the then Mayor, in Australia, Newziland & Thailand, visited USA, Canada, England, France and Switzerland.
- President, Delhi Abhibhavak Mahasangh, apex body of the parent.s organizations since 1998. His pioneer agitations against commercialization of education and then public interest litigation led to a remarkable decision by The Hon.ble Delhi High Court and Hon.ble Delhi Supreme Court in favor of poor children and quality education.
- Fought against lottery menace resulted in ban on lottery in 1993 under the banner of NGO Lok Abhiyan.
- Started a campaign against parking mafia in DDA parks with the morning walkers.